The Performer Carved-top.
Our workhorse model.
Same performance, fewer frills.
We wanted to create a high performing custom guitar that doesn’t destroy your wallet. The Performer has the same core elements as the Artist. We still use only the best tone woods and electronics for a balanced warm sound with plenty of clarity, but without the extras like neck bindings or inlays.
Hand carved figured maple top.
Fully shielded electronic cavities.
Machined neck screws for strength and resonance.
Each Performer top is made from carefully selected tone woods and carved by hand using time honored methods. It may not be as fast as modern CNC equipment but we like it that way. We get in close with each instrument and you get a guitar thats uniquely yours.
We equip our guitars with the only the highest quality electronic components like Switchcraft pickup selectors, Orange Drop capacitors and CTS potentiometers. We also fully shield our electronic cavities to reduce unwanted noise and reject stray radio frequency interference.
We use threaded metal inserts and machine screws to secure the neck to the body. This not only keeps the screws from stripping, but makes for an exceptional connection between the neck and the body thus improving the resonance of the instrument.
Custom mother of pearl fretboard inlay.
Seymour Duncan hot rodded humbucker set.
Hipshot classic open gear guitar tuning machines.
The Performer series comes stock with an ebony or rosewood fretboard and headstock veneers and classic mother of pearl dot inlays. You can also choose to order without any inlays for a cleaner streamlined look.
The most versatile humbucker set ever built and Seymour’s personal favorite. The neck pickup delivers an upper midrange attack, a tight, articulate low end, and harmonically rich highs. The neck pickup delivers glassy treble response that balances very well with its full, but tight low end.
We include Hipshot tuners as standard equipment on all of our models. They are very lightweight and they deliver smooth and accurate tuning with an 18:1 gear ratio. They are available in standard and locking versions. We feel they’re some of the finest tuners on the market.
- Top: Hand carved maple.
- Body: Contoured Mahogany body with full access cutaway. Solid or chambered for weight relief.
- Binding: ABS or can be custom ordered with hard wood binding.
- Neck: 25” scale bolt on neck with sculpted heel is standard. Can be special ordered as a bolt-on neck.
- Truss cover: Standard ABS cover with standard screw is standard. Can be special ordered wit our screw-less floating truss cover.
- Fingerboard: Ebony or Rosewood.
- Inlay: Pearl dot inlays is standard. Custom inlay designs can special ordered on request.
- Head plate: Ebony with JWG logo. We can custom match the head plate to another part of the guitar.
- Bridge: Pig-Tail wrap around with locking studs or Gotoh 510 series Tune-o-matic.
- Tuners: 18/1 Hipshot open back tuners.
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Strap buttons: Standard buttons. Schaller quick release strap-locks installed on request.
- Frets: Medium .048 tall. Stainless steel frets available on request.
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-4/SH-2 standard. Can be ordered with any customer choice.
- Electronics: Master volume, master tone, 3- way toggle and optional push-pull coil split on tone control and optional treble bleed on volume.