The Artist Custom Carved-top.
Our Flagship model.
Comfort without compromise.
We wanted to design a guitar that was easy on those shoulders without sacrificing the tone. The Artist six string is a mid-weight guitar dripping with tonality. Our initial focus was on the body. By shaving off some of the thickness and adding weight relieving cavities, we dropped the weight by an average of 20oz. Adding a body contour that flows around half the body improves comfort while peeling off a few more ounces bringing the weight down to an average of 7.75 comfortable pounds without sacrificing tone or resonance.
We then chose a vintage style soft D profile for the neck that fills the hand to ease fatigue. Its set neck construction combined with two PAF style pickups lets it cover an incredible amount of musical ground. It can go from creamy cleans to a biting leads with a roll of the volume knob.
Floating neodymium truss rod cover.
Sculpted neck transition and graceful back contours.
Optional exotic hardwood binding.
Instead of a conventional screw we use a set of neodymium magnets which results in a streamlined look. We refer to it as the floating truss cover and its stays firmly right where its supposed to. Its beyond cool and this feature comes standard on the Artist.
The electronics cavity cover is matched to the body wood and is attached to the body via machined screws and set below the surface of the cover. This allows us to carry the tapered contours on backside of the body directly through where the cavity cover sits.
The Avalon comes with ABS binding on the headstock, neck and body. But if you’d like to step it up a notch we offer hand bent hardwood binding in a variety of colors and species for a custom look that begs for attention.
Custom mother of pearl fretboard inlay.
Seymour Duncan hot rodded humbucker set.
Hipshot classic open gear guitar tuning machines.
The Artist series comes stock with an ebony fretboard and classic mother of pearl inlay. You can choose from several stock inlay patterns or choose to have your guitar made to order with your own personalized hand cut inlay design. The only limit is your imagination.
The most versatile humbucker set ever built and Seymour’s personal favorite. The neck pickup delivers an upper midrange attack, a tight, articulate low end, and harmonically rich highs. The neck pickup delivers glassy treble response that balances very well with its full, but tight low end.
We include Hipshot tuners as standard equipment on all of our models. They are very lightweight and they deliver smooth and accurate tuning with an 18:1 gear ratio. They are available in standard and locking versions. We feel they’re some of the finest tuners on the market.
- Top: Hand carved maple.
- Body: Contoured Mahogany body with full access cutaway. Solid or chambered for weight relief.
- Binding: ABS or can be custom ordered with hard wood binding.
- Neck: 25” scale set neck with sculpted heel is standard. Can be ordered as a bolt neck.
- Truss cover: Screw-less floating hardwood cover via neodymium magnets.
- Fingerboard: Ebony or Rosewood with mother of pearl inlay and choice of side dot material. (ABS plastic, pearl or luminescent).
- Inlay: Pearl inlay is standard but pattern can vary from production run to production run. Custom designs can (and are encouraged) be used on request.
- Head plate: Ebony with M.O.P logo comes standard. We will occasionally custom match the head plate to another part of the guitar. Custom inlay options on request
- Bridge: Pig-Tail wrap around with locking studs or Gotoh 510 series Tune-o-matic.
- Tuners: 18/1 Hipshot open back tuners.
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer.
- Strap buttons: Schaller quick release strap-locks standard.
- Frets: Medium .048 tall. Stainless steel frets available on request.
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-4/SH-2 standard. Can be ordered with customer choice.
- Electronics: Master volume, master tone, 3- way toggle and optional push-pull coil split on tone control and optional treble bleed on volume.